Service Account Leader Job
Date: Mar 2, 2012
Location: IIkoyi - Lagos, Nigeria
|Business Segment:||Healthcare Eastern & African Growth Markets|
|About Us:||What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, our vision involves looking at Healthcare in a completely new way. Focusing on earlier, pre-symptomatic disease detection and prevention, instead of late diagnosis. Helping clinicians access more information and intervene sooner with targeted treatments so their patients can leave longer, fuller lives. |
We believe we can help make that happen – and we’d like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to redefine the frontiers of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are driven to make a difference – they do.
|Posted Position Title:||Service Account Leader|
|Function Segment:||Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management|
|City:||IIkoyi - Lagos|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||A Service Account Leader is responsible for selling GE Healthcare services and growing our service segments such as preventive maintenance solutions, hourly-based servces, spare parts, options and upgrades in a defined market. This role is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory as well as maintaining customer relationships with the accounts in their established geographic territory, for public and private accounts|
|Essential Responsibilities||• Lead the commercial growth, topline revenue and contribution margin for GEHC service in assigned territory. |
• Effective coverage of current install-base customers (teaching hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, diagnostics centers, packagers, Ministry of Health, etc.) to understand their needs by capturing the voice of the customer and developing profitable win-win solutions.
• Prospecting for new service contracts and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales.
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating equipment and service capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also possibly department heads or Chief Medical Directors.
• To effectively collaborate with the equipment sales Account manager, modality leaders and regional point of sales leader to sell point of sale service contracts, financing and drive margin though selling value and holding price.
• Develop and maintain a high level of product and service knowledge of GE and competitive products
• Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage.
• Maintaining satisfactory relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
• Manage the deal status tracker for territory and accurately communicate sales forecast in weekly sales review.
• Proactive development of marketing campaign to capture addressable opportunities in target market segments in territory.
|Qualifications/Requirements:||• At least one of the following core experiences: 3+ years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation in a complex sales environment involving multiple decision-makers/influencers, Graduate of a GE Commercial Leadership Program, 3+ years GEHC experience in customer facing role(s), or 3+ years in progressively larger formal leadership roles working in a complex technical environment. |
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Ability to communicate using local language
|Desired Characteristics||• Bachelor's Degree |
• Previous Healthcare high-end capital equipment sales experience Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems, networking and IT
• Robust interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Demonstrated ability to analyze customer data and develop financially sound sales solutions
• 3+ years of demonstrated strategic selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, product demonstration, negotiation, closing and growing a sales territory
• Proven customer acumen and relationship building skills in a healthcare environment
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Strong written and verbal communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of Healthcare or Pharma industry and market place trends
• Specific clinical application and/or product knowledge within assigned area