Market Development Leader Job
Date: Feb 28, 2012
Location: IIkoyi - Lagos, Nigeria
|GE Global Growth & Operations|
|Business Segment:||Global Growth & Operations - Africa|
|About Us:||GE Africa’s Rural Health Imagination Breakthrough (IB) Project is designed to drive organic growth for the GE Healthcare business in select African Markets through supporting current business for incremental growth, and developing new business models to help discover untapped white space growth potential. |
We are GE. We're a global infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world's toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with. Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other.
Join GE and you'll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today.
From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. GE is imagination at work
|Posted Position Title:||Market Development Leader|
|Function Segment:||Executive Management|
|City:||IIkoyi - Lagos|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||This role will define and implement GE growth strategy across our product portfolio with particular emphasis on incremental growth from targeted (rural) health market development initiatives; identify and support opportunities for packaged hospital development solutions in select African markets; and build strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders and maintaining those with existing and new accounts.|
|Essential Responsibilities||• Identify and understand the healthcare development aspirations of both the public and private healthcare sectors. Specifically target the healthcare solutions needs of the Ministries of Health and Defence—and other Public Sector institutions with a mandate to deliver and/or facilitate healthcare services. Understand and document customer organizations, budgets, missions, programs, and represent customer needs and priorities. |
• Utilize Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to quantify the healthcare market needs and opportunities in select designated countries.
• Develop and execute the marketing plan for assigned countries. Responsibilities include VOC gathering, Marketing Blueprint development and collaboration, segmentation, targeting and positioning to align messaging, tactics, commercial channel tools and execution for success
• Employ market research, clinical and industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis, win/loss tracking and price realization in developing commercial strategy for a given region
• Analyse and communicate the trends and customer needs in their market, and communicate clearly with a passion to engage senior management and deploy the appropriate resources to maximise GE’s business results.
• Maintain a solid understanding of current market dynamics and healthcare trends within the target countries (public and private sector) by tracking and analysis of developments with respect to: 1) new healthcare infrastructure construction; 2) renovation of existing healthcare infrastructure; 3) equipment replacement, and, 4) equipment solutions service.
• Support the Chief Marketing Officer in preparing comprehensive market segment and product/service analysis to retain sales volume, to uncover new opportunities and to monitor competitive activity. Provide key industry information and local market knowledge to drive competitive advantage in the marketplace
• Build strong, long-term relationships with customers and key country stakeholders (including the Ministries of Health, Defence and Finance—and related government agencies and medical institutions), providing leadership and direction where there are crucial customer interfaces. Strengthen the external image of the business with luminaries and thought-leaders.
• Work with GGO regional commercial leaders and HC zonal sales to identify new projects opportunity. Conceptualize and drive “One-GEHC Mega Proposals” targeting key Governments based on their healthcare infrastructure development and rehabilitation aspirations. Especially focus on proposals to replace old, existing equipment across all Government-owned healthcare facilities.
• Work with GGO Project Development team and HHS to identify and structure alliances with local and international Hospital Planners; Architects; Financiers; Construction Companies; Packagers (i.e. of the likes of SYMX); and Hospital Facility Managers. Maintain familiarity and operate at all levels within all government or group purchasing networks.
• Work closely with the business to support a wide range of business development activities. Especially focus on rural healthcare solutions as well as support zonal sales strategy in key activities e.g., service as stand-alone, oncology and cardialogy solutions, packaged financing solutions, E-health solutions etc
• Pro-actively identify opportunities to create competitive advantage through integrating GEHC products and services.
• Help drive market specific strategy for GE Healthcare to drive growth, by engaging and supporting GE and GEHC field teams (products and services) i.e. Account Managers, Zones Sales Managers, Regional Service Leaders, Regional Modality Sales Leaders and Modality Marketing Managers to structure /execute high impact strategic, multi-modality sales initiatives—and tactical plans and programs to achieve business objectives.
|Qualifications/Requirements:||• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field |
• MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum 8 years of sales / business management / strategic marketing / project management experience with strong track record in high-technology product sales & expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
• Deep knowledge of healthcare market and environment an advantage
• Strong sales experience and substantial P&L management experience with significant track record. Strong business acumen
• Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
• Great presentational skills, able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
• Demonstrated executive level relationship building
• Demonstrated GEHC Network Experience
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
• Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior. Talent for ensuring satisfied customers by providing value-added products and services.
• Ability to resolve complex issues within area. Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives. Proven ability to effectively communicate across a distributed workforce
|Desired Characteristics||Solid Knowledge of African Market / Environment.|
To apply For this Job - Click>> Apply NOW!
NOTE: You will be required to Register / Login to the GE career Portal to submit your resume