General Manager - Turkey - MEA Job
Date published: Feb 21, 2012
Location: Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Nigeria
|Business Segment:||Energy - Oil & Gas|
|About Us:||Wayne, a GE Energy Business (www.wayne.com) is a global leader in the manufacture, service, and supply of fuel dispensers, dispenser control systems, payment processing terminals, and point-of-sale systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Wayne has offices in over 20 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia, with sales and service operations in over 145 countries worldwide. |
General Electric (www.ge.com - NYSE: GE) has acquired Wayne as part of the GE Energy business group. GE has been respected for its performance and innovative spirit for over 100 years. GE people worldwide are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that help solve some of the world's toughest problems.
|Posted Position Title:||General Manager - Turkey - MEA|
|Function Segment:||Sales Management|
United Arab Emirates
|Role Summary/Purpose:||The General Manager - Turkey - MEA demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives in this region. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy for Wayne. This role will report to the President EMEA.|
|Essential Responsibilities||This is both a leadership and a hands-on role which will have broad strategy and direct sales responsibilities: |
- Grow and maintain the MEA customer base, providing direct customer support and closure of sales on key accounts, while also coaching and mentoring Area Sales Managers, VARs and Distributors.
- Lead a Regional Sales Team on key sales opportunities
- Specify critical resource needs required to meet business objectives
- Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution, to enhance selling techniques and approaches in the region
- Work with current customers and prospects to meet desired sales and service needs
- Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and/or among the global region
- Support customer satisfaction evaluation, plans, and follows through
- Develop influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Ensure profitability of accounts within assigned territory through proper pricing and contract management as well as service time
- Integrate and lead the technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in the implementation of customer strategies
- Provide specific account leadership, plans, and actions to assure that GE wins profitable business and services sales within the assigned countries and customers
- Coordinate relationships and interface with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions
|Qualifications/Requirements:||- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college |
- 10 years of experience in sales with at least 5 years experience in sales management.
Successful candidate will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
|Desired Characteristics||- Specific experience and expertise in the MEA market |
- In-depth understanding of the assigned products and their application to the industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop influential customer relationships, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self starter with imagination; courage to take risks; a bias for action
- External, global focus: Ability to work with global team of experts
- Clear thinking, able to embrace uncertainty, connecting strategy to purpose
- Inclusive, welcoming ideas. Collaborative.
- Clear domain expertise and/or the drive to grow and learn more in one's field
NOTE: You will be required to signup for the GE career Portal with your email address and Upload your resume. Good Luck