a) RSSDA Overseas Scholarship Program:
• Post Graduate Schemes
b) RSSDA Local Scholarship Program
• Greater Horizon & Opportunities Programme – GHOP (Secondary School Scholarship)
• Skills Acquisition (Oil and Gas Training)
• Training in Local Universities
So far the programme has been a success: - See table below
RSSDA Post-graduate Overseas Scholarship Programme 2012 / 2013
The Rivers state Sustainable Development Agency Invites application from Suitably qualified candidates for the 2012 / 2013 Special Governors Overseas Post-graduate Scholarship Programme - Application forms have been sent to all Local Government councils in Rivers states. And you can also apply ONLINE.
RSSDA PostGraduate Scholarship 2012 / 2013 Available Courses:
· Medical Sciences
· Natural Sciences
· Oil & Gas
· ICT related Courses
Who should Apply for RSSDA 2012 / 2013:
For Rivers Indigenes
· Must be of Rivers State Origin(Should submit a copy of LGA identification)
· Graduate of recognized University with not less than second class upper honour’s degree at the undergraduate level
· Not below 21 years or above 35 years old.(Confirmation of age required preferably by birth certificate)
· Must have completed NYSC
· Must have gained admission into any of the listed Universities in the relevant field of specialization for Masters or PhD Programmes
· PhD candidate must have a Masters degree(not below merit)and a good first degree (Not below 2.1)
For Non Indigenes:
· Proof of residence in Rivers State in the last 10 years
· Applicants must be resident/work in Rivers State
· 3 years tax clearance certificate alongside the application
How to Apply for RSSDA PostGraduate Scholarship 2012 / 2013:
RSSDA Online applications Visit http://www.rssdangscholars.com/hcd/scholar.asp?id=scholar# And click APPLY on the Left side bar... Click "MASTERS" or "DOCTORATE" to start the online application process.
RSSDA Manual Applications:
· Application Forms can be downloaded from http://www.rssdangscholars.com/RSSDA_Application_Form.pdf
· Application Forms can also be collected and submitted at at No.1 Igbodo Street, Old G.R.A Port-Harcourt.
RSSDA 2012 / 2013 Interviews :
· Shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted through SMS, emails and notice posted on RSSDA website and in all Local Government Councils Secretariats of the applicants LGA (if Rivers indigene)
· Original copies of credentials will be sighted during the interview of shortlisted candidates.
NOTE: The forms are not for sale!!! Photocopies are acceptable at local government areas
Entries Open: January 23rd 2012
Entries Close: April 30th 2012
RSSDA 2012 Application inquiries Contact:
Inquiries on the application process can be sent this email: email@example.com OR call the following numbers:
NB: This is to inform all scholarship applicants that emails sent by them should include:
This will help in treating your issues faster and more effectively.