A well written and targeted cover letter will set you apart from the job search crowd. Here are some tips on how to write customized cover letter that will help you get the interview.
- It can be time consuming to write a custom cover letter for each job you apply for, but it is important to take the time and effort to show the company why you are a good match.
- Check the job posting enlisted criteria the employer is looking for, then list the skills and experience you have, state how your skills match the job in a paragraph form or bullet list.
- Include your contact information at the top of every letter you write and in the signature of every email you send.
- Personalize your cover letter and if you can - address it to the individual responsible for hiring. When you don't have a contact person, address your letters to "Dear Hiring manager" or " To Whom it may Concern"
- Write simply and clearly, your letters should be one page or less, each paragraph should contain three or four sentences at most. Use the 10 or 12 Pt font that is easy to read like Times New Roman or Arial.
- Single space your letter and leave a space between each paragraph.
- When you're writing a cover letter or sending an email message to apply for a Job its important to close your letter in a professional manner. Even when applying online or via email, your cover letter needs to be properly formatted, readable and without mistakes.
- Don't forget to include a subject in your email message, with your name and the job you're applying for.
- Include your signature in all your email messages, with your name, phone number, Email address and LinkdIn URL if you have the profile. The easier you make it for the Hiring Manager to get back to you, the better outcome you will have.
- When you're not sure how to get started, review cover letter samples to get ideas for your own letters.
- Before you send your letters, self check, proof read and proof read again. its often easy not to notice mistakes in our own writing.
- When emailing or applying online - send or upload your documents as Microsoft word Document or PDF format.
- Before you send an email message with an attachment, send a copy to yourself to make sure the attachment comes through correctly and your cover letter is formatted properly when you open it.
- Before you send your cover letter, its important to make sure that you have covered all the basic and you're sending a perfectly written and formatted cover letter to your prospective employer.
Don't Keep this for yourself - Share it - Tweet it - Like It.
Add Corrections, Say Thanks - Write comments below.